How to install Magento 2 on MGT Development Environment
In this tutorial we show you how to install Magento 2 with composer on the MGT Developer Environment.
Magento 2 Installation - Preparations
Before we can start with the Magento 2 installation on MGT Development Environment we need to do some prepparations.
2) Open the Control Panel under http://127.0.0.1:3333 and add domain e.g. magento2.dev with Magento 2 Vhost Template.
3) Create a database for Magento 2
Go to Databases in the left menu and create a database called magento2
4) Create a local hosts file entry
In order to resolve the domain magento2.dev we need to add a hosts file entry.
If you don't know how to add an entry you can read the following site in our documentation:
As you can see in the screenshot above, we have added the following line to our hosts file:
Start installing Magento 2 with composer
1) Login into your container with SSH
ssh email@example.com Password: root
2) Go to directory /home/cloudpanel/htdocs/ and run the following composer command
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition magento2.dev
For the installation of magento 2 with composer you need a public and private key, more information can be found at:
Username = Public Key
Password = Private Key
3) Open http://magento2.dev/ in your browser and follow the magento 2 installation wizard