What is New In Magento 2.4.4?
The latest Magento version marks a new step forward in ecommerce growth. Magento 2.4.4 was officially released by Adobe on 12th April 2022.
This release includes almost 250 quality fixes and enhancements for Magento. It introduces support for PHP 8.1, OpenSearch 1.2, and Elasticsearch 7.16.
Upgrading to the latest version will enhance store security and improve user experience.
What is New In Magento 2.4.4?
1. PHP 8.1 Support
Magento 2.4.4 is highly supportive of PHP 8.1.
It brings new features such as:
- read-only properties
- first-class callable syntax
- explicit octal numeral notation
- pure intersection types
- final class constants
- never return type
Note: Support for PHP 7.3 will be removed from the new versions of Magento.
2. Platform Enhancements
- Compatible with PHP 8.1.
- RequireJS library and Laminas are upgraded to the latest version.
- Support for TinyMCE 5, Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2.
- PHPUnit upgraded to 9.5.x.
3. Vendor Bundled Extensions
Prior versions of Magento were packaged with a list of 3rd-party extensions. Such as Amazon Pay, Klarna, Yotpo, and Braintree.
In Magento 2.4.4, the platform has removed all vendor bundled extensions except Braintree.
With the latest version, you can add a payment method of negotiable quotes. The settings for storage performance configuration have been improved.
GraphQL Performance Improvements in Magento 2.4.4
GraphQL Cache The caching systems will now cache GraphQL requests sent with auth tokens. This speeds up the response time and provides customers with a faster storefront experience.
GraphQL Cart Operation The collectQuoteTotals() method, will be called only once during a GraphQL request to improve the response time.
5. Performance Improvements
Magento 2.4.4 is the fastest and most scalable version ever. It ensures that merchants get the ability to adapt to changing market trends with continued flexibility.
With Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 you can:
- Handle complex catalogs up to 10 times larger.
- Process 5 times higher transaction volumes per hour
- Deliver substantially faster API response times.
With the adoption of PHP 8.1. website health and stability are improved for admin and storefront. Supports for ElasticSearch (7.16.1) and OpenSearch 1.1, will fetch results faster for users.
Comparing Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 to sites on version 2.3 there is a 34% lower chance of site outages.
Magento Patch Update
Adobe has released a security update for Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source. A vulnerability of CVSS score 9.1 is patched in Magento 2.4.4.
This update resolves a critical remote code execution error. Successful exploitation could lead to arbitrary code execution. Upgrade to version 2.4.4 to resolve.
|Bulletin ID||Date Published||Priority|
|APSB22-13||April 12, 2022.||3|
- Session IDs will not be stored in the database.
- ReCAPTCHA support has been added to coupon codes.
- Swagger is disabled by default in production mode.
- Validation is enhanced to eliminate the upload of non-alphanumeric files
- OAuth access tokens and password reset tokens will be encrypted for database storage.
- RECAPTCHA support for coupon codes.
7. Headless commerce
AI-powered product recommendations and search personalize the buying experience.
- Accelerates product discovery
- Increases conversion rates
- Boosts average order value
Headless commerce increases GraphQL API coverage for several B2B and admin features. It also adds new capabilities to PWA Studio 12.3 with this release.
8. Cart and Checkout
Enable AsyncOrder Process orders in the background while shoppers can go on with finishing other tasks in your storefront.
Inventory Check On Cart Load Enables inventory check for a product when it is added to a shopping cart.
Multiple processes Allow multiple customers to perform multiple processes in parallel to enhance task execution speed.
High volume cart operations Cart operations have been improved by increasing the memory limit for input variables.
Deferring total calculation Defer the total calculation of sales rules during the checkout process to speed up load times.
Enhanced Guest Checkouts The Order Summary displays the correct currency and amount for the selected country to improve checkout.
Improved free shipping threshold Checkout no longer fails when the billing address is missing the street field values. The error message is not shown on the checkout page.
9. Comprehensive platform monitoring
- Access to real-time monitoring, reporting, insights, and recommendations.
- Enhanced Site-Wide Analysis Tool dashboard.
- Easier access to Support Tools.
10. New branding and accessibility enhancements
Users will now see the Adobe Experience Cloud logo in the login screen and admin.
The Admin panel is aligned with accessibility standards including naming and tagging. Interface enhancements are aimed to make the backend more usable for developers with vision impairments.
What are Magento 2.4.4 System Requirements?
Following are the recommended system requirements for installing & running Magento 2.4 smoothly.
1. Operating systems (Linux x86-64):
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
Note: Magento is not supported on Microsoft Windows and macOS.
- Up to 2 GB of RAM.
Note: For less than 2 GB, create a swap file to avoid failure in the platform update process.
3. Supported Browsers
- Chrome latest and the previous version
- Internet Explorer version 11 or later
- Microsoft Edge version 11 or later
- Firefox latest and the previous version
- Safari latest and the previous version (for Mac OS only)
- Safari Mobile
4. Web Server Requirements
- Elasticsearch 7.16
- Nginx 1.8
- Apache 2.4
5. Database Requirements
- MySQL 8.0
- MariaDB 10.4
6. Cache system Requirements
- PHP OPcache (Recommend)
- Redis 6.2
- Vanish 7.0
7. PHP Requirements
- Php version >= 7.1.3
- Php version >= 7.2.0
8. PHP Extensions Requirements
Magento Open Source and Adobe Commerce:
Additionally Adobe Commerce requires:
9. Magento 2 SSL Requirements
- TLS (Transport Layer Security)
- SSL for HTTPS
Self-signed SSL certificates are not supported.
repo.magento.com both require TLS 1.2 or later.
10. Mail Server
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA)
- SMTP server
11. Magento 2 Enterprise Requirements
- PHP extension: bc-math
- Apache Solr 4.x
- RabbitMQ 3.5
- MySQL 5.6, MariaDB, Percona
12. Additional System Recommendations
- The latest stable version of composer should be applied.
- Php_xdebug 2.5.x or later can be used for the development environment.
- PHPUnit 6.2.0 or later is offered as a command-line tool.
Magento notifies users of the latest updates with Release Notification in the admin panel.
To know more check the official documents:
Learn how to upgrade Magento 2.4.3 to Magento 2.4.4 on MGT-Commerce Tutorials.