How to Configure Google Adwords in Magento 2?
Google AdWords is a service that enables you to place ads on Google. It lets you manage your Google marketing campaigns, track response, and measure performance.
Google Ads for ecommerce is the most effective form of PPC (pay per click) advertising. PPC advertisements are ads that are placed on Google Search results and on Google Display Network.
Setting up a marketing campaign is essential for an ecommerce store.
What is Google Ads Conversion Tracking?
Conversion tracking is a powerful tool in Google Ads. It lets you identify the performance of your Magento ad campaign for future optimization.
Conversion tracking provides key insights into users' actions after viewing or clicking an ad.
Customer actions include:
- Purchasing a product
- signing up for your newsletter
- Contacting your business
- Downloading your app
Why Set Up Magento 2 Google Adwords Conversion Tracking?
Benefits of Conversion Tracking for Magento store:
- Measure SEO results - See data on conversions for your campaigns, ad clicks, and keywords.
- Learn which marketing channels drive customer engagement.
- Analyze data to increase user engagement in your store.
- Lower Your Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC).
- Improve ROI on PPC ad campaigns.
How to Configure Google Adwords Conversion Tracking in Magento 2?
Step 1. Create a conversion action
- Sign in to your Google Ads account. Go to Tools > Conversions.
- Choose the Magento website.
- Pick a category for the action you want to track. Enter a name for the conversion. Then, click
- Set the Value if applicable or leave it blank.
- Set the Conversion window and settings to determine how long the conversions are to be tracked.
- Set the View-through conversion window.
- Set Reporting Category to
Yes or No.
- Pick the Attribution model.
Create and Continueto complete the conversion.
Step 2. Get your conversion tag
- Log in to Google Ads. Go to Tools > Conversions > Tag setup.
- Under Install your tag, choose to count conversions on Page load.
- To choose how you want to manage your AdWords tag, do one of the following:
|If you plan to add the script to your store yourself, choose to Save instructions and tag.|
|If you plan to have someone else add the script to your store, choose Email instructions and tag.|
Example: If you’re using Google Tag Manager (GTM) for Magento 2 then choose to Save instructions and tag.
- Click Done to complete.
Step 3. Configure your store
Visit Admin Panel > Stores > Settings > Configuration.
On the left panel, under Sales, select Google API.
Open the Google Adwords section and do the following:
- Set Enable to Yes.
- Enter the Conversion ID from your Google AdWords script.
- Choose the Conversion Language that is identified in your Google AdWords script.
- Fill the number in the Conversion Format that is to be used for the Google Sites Stat notification.
|Conversion Format Number|
|1||Displays a one-line notification with a link to more information about Google tracking.|
|2||Displays a two-line notification with a link to more information about Google tracking.|
|3||Displays no customer notification.|
- Enter the hexadecimal code of the Conversion Color you want to use for the notification label.
- In the Conversion Label field, fill the encrypted text from your Google AdWords script.
- Set Conversion Value Type to one of the following:
|Conversion Value Type|
|Dynamic||Determines that a conversion has occurred based on the dynamic Order Amount value.|
|Constant||Determines that a conversion has occurred based on a specific value entered.|
For a Constant conversion value type, enter a specific value for the Order Amount.
- Click on
Save Configto complete.
Step 4. Verify the configuration
Open Conversions in Google Ads.
Ensure the tracking status of your conversion action is
No recent conversions or
Campaigns receiving many clicks and few conversions represent a low return on investment (ROI).
For such a case, there are two main reasons, a poorly managed ad campaign or a poor website.
The following tips will help you increase your conversions rate:
- Create custom landing pages that match your ad intent
- Optimize your landing page for conversions
- Page load time
- Product Images
- Make sure your CTAs stand out on your landing page
- Analyse and refine your target audience
Get more such Magento SEO Marketing Tips to Increase Website Traffic.