How to install Magento 2
In the following tutorial i want show you how to install Magento 2 with our CloudPanel.
There are two different ways to install Magento 2. The first way is to use the installation wizard which guides you through the installation step by step. The second way is for people like developers who are familiar with the commandline.
In this tutorial i will explain the Magento 2 installation step by step with the wizard.
Magento 2 Installation - Preparations
1) Login into your CloudPanel with your Server ID, Email Address and Password
2) Create a domain / vhost for your new Magento 2 installation. The document root will be automatically created.
The document root can be found under /home/cloudpanel/htdocs/www.magento2.com/
3) Add new database for the Magento 2 installation
4) Add new database user to your created database
5) Setup an A-Record for your created domain
7) Go to https://magento.com/ and download and extract the latest version of Magento 2
8) Upload all files with FTP / SFTP with your ftp programm of your choice. We recommend to use fillezilla
Start installing Magento 2 with the web-base Setup Wizard
1) Open your domain in your browser and start the installation
The Readiness Check checks if you run the right php version, php extensions and if the file permissions are correct.
2) Enter database information like host, name, user and password.
In the next step your need to enter your database information. I recommend to leave the Table prefix empty.
With the Table prefix it's possible to install more than one magento installation into one database which isn't a good idea at all.
My advice is to use one database for one magento installation.
3) In the next step Web Configuration your Store Address and Magento Admin Address is prefilled.
The Magento Admin Address is generated and can be changed to your favourite address. It's important to not use admin because it makes attacker easier to break into your admin. In general it's highly recommended to allow only specific ips to access the Magento Admin. If you don't have a static ip you can use services like OpenVPN to have always the same ip.
4) In the step Customize Your Store you select your Time Zone, Currency and Language. If you don't want to install all modules you can remove the unneeded ones.
5) In the fifth step you create an admin account.
The Email Address is needed to send you a new password if you forgot your password. Make sure to create a very strong password with more than 16 characters which contains alphanumeric and special characters.
6) In the last step we just need to click the button Install Now to install Magento 2.
The installation will take about 30-60 seconds before you can open your frontend and backend.
For security reasons remove write permissions from the files in the directory app/etc/