Magento 2 Free Shipping Promotion
Free shipping is a promotion program in Magento 2 where customers do not have to pay the extra shipping fee for the item. It encourages customers to complete the purchase and increases sales.
We look at how to set up free shipping promotion in Magento 2.
Configure Free Shipping with Minimum Order Amount in Magento 2
1. Activate Free Shipping
From the Admin Panel, navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods.
Go to the
Free Shippingsection and Enable Free Shipping by choosing
In the same section, Add the
Titleand enter the
Method Namefor the shipping method. For free shipping, type
Freein the box.
Minimum Order Amountfor the shipping.
Enter an error message in the
Displayed Error Messagebox that will appear if Free Shipping is unavailable.
Ship to Applicable Countriescan be set to either of the two options:
All Allowed Countries: Free Shipping is allowed for all countries.
Specific Countries: Free Shipping is only allowed for selected countries.
Show Method if Not Applicableto
Yesif you want to show the Free Shipping method at all times.
Sort Orderon the Shipping Method on the checkout page.
2. Activate Free Shipping in the Carrier Configuration
- Go to Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > UPS.
- Set the
Free Methodto Ground.
- Enable the Free Shipping with
Minimum Order Amountto the minimum amount of purchase the free shipping is applied.
3. Set a Shopping Cart Price Rule
- From the admin panel, navigate to Marketing > Promotions > Cart Price Rules.
- Apply Free Shipping for Any Order
Rule Information section:
Set the Name for the new rule and add descriptions.
Assign to the
Set Status to
Activefor which the rule is applied.
Set the Coupon option to
No Couponif a shipping promotion is offered without coupons.
In the Actions tab, open the
Pricing Structure Rules section:
Applyto Percent of product price discount
Applyto Shipping Amount to Yes
Free ShippingFor shipment with matching items.
Labelstab, under the Default Label section, insert the text in the
Default Rule Label for All Store Views.
Store View Specific Labels, set the label for each store view.
4. Check the Rule
It may take some time for the new rule to be available. You can test the rule to see if it works well in your store.
1. What should I do if Magento 2 UPS shipping is not working? If you are facing issues with Magento 2 UPS shipping, you can check the configuration settings and ensure that the correct credentials are entered. You can also try clearing the cache and reindexing the site.
2. Why are my Magento 2 shipping methods not showing up? If your Magento 2 shipping methods are not showing up, you can check if they are enabled in the configuration settings. You can also try clearing the cache and reindexing the site.
3. How can I get a shipping method quote in Magento 2? To get a shipping method quote in Magento 2, you can select the product and add it to the cart. Then, proceed to checkout and enter the shipping address. The available shipping methods and their costs will be displayed.
4. Why are my Magento 2 shipping methods not updating? If your Magento 2 shipping methods are not updating, you can check if the cache is enabled and if it needs to be cleared. You can also check if the shipping rules and restrictions are properly configured.
5. Can I override the shipping method in Magento 2? Yes, you can override the shipping method in Magento 2 by creating a custom module or editing the existing code. You can also use third-party extensions to customize the shipping options.
Magento 2 free shipping is based on a minimum purchase or a cart price rule applied when certain conditions are met. You can enable free shipping and restrict the promotion to specific countries.
Sellers can also add a minimum order amount above which the shipping is free. You can customize and edit the shipping title on the checkout page.
Get more insights about Magento 2 on the MGT Commerce blog.